Wake Technical Community College
Demand for web courses offered by Wake Tech's Computer Technologies division continues to increase. To meet this need, Wake Tech hires part-time adjunct instructors to supplement full-time staff.
I've taught web classes as an adjunct instructor at Wake Tech for several years. Besides filling the need for more instructors, adjuncts also bring valuable industry perspective & real-world experience into the classroom.
Tools & resources
Each course lasts 16 weeks, has one mid-term and one final exam. During the semester, class consists of lecture, assignments, quizzes, & occasional guest speakers. Assignments are graded weekly and discussed (with Q&A) the following week in class.
Textbook table of contents are included below.
Comments from instructor evaluations:
- … above and beyond … more than what was required …
- I liked that he went over examples for every chapter, every lecture.
- … always prepared … always helpful.
- ... works by his schedule. If something changes he lets you know.
- ... really appreciate his attention to student needs.
- … excellent guest speakers … very encouraging …
- … always willing to help and work with you.
- … answers all the questions … if not, he would get back to me ...
- I enjoyed his class …
- One of the better teachers at Wake Tech.
- supportive instructor – wants to help students learn.
- ... one of the nicest and most understanding teachers I've ever had!
- … gave me plenty of second chances, I can’t thank him enough.
- … very professional and helpful, and had great guests for class!
- … nice, helpful, and funny. ... email him, he responds as soon as possible.
- ... lectures are clear, informative, and understandable.
- Professional and courteous.
- Great teacher … fun class.
- ... awesome instructor … great at engaging the class.
- knowledgable and a great resource. I looked forward to coming to his class.
- … as long as he keeps teaching at Wake Tech, students will prosper.
- … WONDERFUL teacher. I wish all teachers were like him. Not only did he make learning fun, he kept our attention throughout the ENTIRE semester EVERY class.
- … one of the best.
- … I really enjoyed all the extra tips … super awesome instructor, great class
- … always willing to help, approachable, and knowledgable. Keep him around!
- … a cut above the rest … brings lots of passion to the course …
- very inspiring and infectious … makes a tremendous difference … .
- ... teachers like Doug are rare … my most enjoyable learning experience. A+.
- I would take another class with him.
- … goes above and beyond to add updated content and relevant information.
- I would recommend this instructor to others.
- Listened intently ... wanted every student to succeed …