Click the menu icon above, then click the "> Filter" accordion to reveal filter/search options.
I ask questions, especially why. I’m an engineer who loves ideas, tools, & creative problem solving. This page is about me - both personal & professional.
Convincing Systems, LLC (DBA Convinsys) has been my business since 2006. I help innovators explain & sell technology by offering courses and consulting.
I ask questions, especially why. I’m an engineer who loves ideas, tools, & creative problem solving. This site is about me - both personal & professional.
Contact. Follow. Help. This is pretty much the miscellaneous category for the site. Nothing fancy, just a little info to make for a better experience.
Photos are some of my favorite shots. Some were with my iPhone and others were with my SLR mirrorless camera and pro-level lenses. Enjoy!
Projects are things I made or did which involved a fair amount of work. Sometimes you can touch them (like a house), sometimes they're virtual (like websites).
Quotes are words-of-wisdom which I find inspiring or helpful. A few of them I came up with myself :-), but most are from folks FAR smarter than I am.
Find any post or page on the site. This search uses advanced filters which can be revealed & applied by clicking the "Filter" toggle under the main menu.
Stories are longer narratives about events that happened – or might happen. They entertain or make a point, and could be about a person, a group, ... or nobody.
Thoughts are things that come to mind on a topic (or two) … maybe interesting facts, a personal opinion, or reflections on an experience.
- Hawkeye Science Fair – What Is a Rolamite?
- ISU – Freshman Engineering competition
- MacVet – Veterinary Software
- John Deere – Wide area Integrated Network (WIN)
- Team CP – Products Division, TeamNet
- Alcatel – Engineering Systems
- Swift Creek Elementary – Technology Plan
- CP&L – DCAP
- Cisco – Interpath P.O.C.
- Cisco – AVVID Demo Room & Kits
- Cisco – Cisco Network Academy
- ECU – VoIP Business Plan
- Cisco Press – Technical Editing
- eNC – Netcasting Manual & Classes
- Fuentek – NASA EBF3
- Cisco – Sales Training
- Jimmy Buffett and Social Media
- NASA Langley – Selling the EBF3 Story
- Five Principles of Selling
- VoIP Hi Def Conferencing. Amazing & Free!
- Fit to View – Sales Development Plan
- 5 Ideas – National Storytelling Festival
- Chemistry Class – “Sign zee papers old man!”
- Machinist to ME – An Unplanned Life Change
- The Dynamic R. Buckminster Fuller on WUNC
- Building a Geodesic Dome Home in Iowa
- “Who am I? It’s not an easy question.”
- “You’ve got 10 minutes. Change my mind.”
- PinpointRG – NCHFA success story
- Touchstone 3D – Websites
- Punkin’ Chunkin’ – A Good Laugh
- Lowell Foster – A Pretty Good Person
- Lowell Foster – Obituary
- Fuentek – NASA Technical Marketing
- LIPM – WUNC Success Story
- LIPM – HP Wall Art Video
- Touchstone 3D – Order Management System
- AFS Photography – Website
- LIPM – Job Status Tracking
- ChargeGuardZ – Sales Development Plan
- Touchstone 3D – Website
- LIPM – Website & Marketing
- LIPM – FOCUS Integrated Marketing Software
- Presentations & Webinars
- Line Defender – Product Demo Video
- dougfoster.me – Website
- “Well, hello good son. Where did the time go?”
- Wake Tech – Web Technologies
- Make what you need. Solve the challenges.
- When we do, we discover.
- Certificates & Training
- It’s spectacular: Red Shirt Table Overlook.
- Steve Jobs – You have to trust in something.
- If you don’t know where you are going …
- “You want me to wear a hard hat? Really??”
- Sometimes the backstory is the better story.
- Lowell Stories: Would It Still Have Happened?
- Lowell Stories: Stalled On The Tracks (& more)